Friday, February 27, 2009

In the (Cosmetic) Bag

I love great makeup -- and over the years I seem to have tried it all. From splurges to cheapies, I've compiled my "must have" makeup items below. I consider these to be the best of the best -- whatever the price. Mac Studio Fix pressed power -- this stuff is a miracle. Layered over a light foundation, it smooths out the coloring of your complextion and elimiates shine. Love this stuff.
Nars Blush in Orgasm -- I even got my mother to buy this blush. It's a great mix of peach and pink -- doesn't go on too dark and has a hint of shimmer. Easy to apply and easy to blend.

DiorShow Mascara -- If I were a contestant on Survivor, I think my luxury item might be mascara. Just kidding. Sorta. This stuff is pricy but worth it -- REALLY! It is the most volumizing mascara I have ever used. Truly amazing. You'll have to try it to believe it. After reading about the umpteenth celebrity to rave about it -- I finally caved. AMAZING.




Benefit Erase Paste -- I call this stuff my spackel. It covers blemishes but also works wonders on under-the-eye circles. I was first introduced to the stuff at Sephora, where the makeup artist used it on one eye only so I could see the results compared to "au natural". I bought it immediately.



Good 'ole Bag Balm. This stuff is oh-so-cheap. A huge tub is $5.99 at Target. I put in on my lips every night before bed. In Colorado, you really need good "lip stuff" and Bag Balm fits the bill.



Aveda Lip Gloss in Wineberry -- If/when Aveda discontinues this color lip gloss, I may cry. And then stock up. I just find this color to be great for everyone -- and the texture is just right -- not too sticky.
What are you beauty go-to's?

5 comments:

  1. Love these suggestions Megan. I am also a MAC lover...a couple must haves in my collection...Eye shadows in Naked Lunch and Mystery. And the LipGelee in JellyBabe. Also - for good mascara - on the cheap, that you can get at the drugstore...Maybelline XXL (the black and white tube). Jennifer and I swear by it! In a pinch and on a budget - it works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I'm not much of a make-up wearer, I'm going to chime in with a hair product I love...MOP "Glisten" volumizing spray - not too heavy, not to light - kills the dry hair frizzies...I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!!! Blogs rule!

    I can't wait to try the mascara....I've tried them all. I also like all of the Rimmel mascaras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just going to print your list and take it to the store with me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy/Jen -- is it the black and white tube that has two steps? The white lengthening stuff followed by the black mascara? Inquiring minds NEED to know!

    ReplyDelete