Sunday, March 8, 2009

Going Green


No doubt my hippie friends are already cleaning this way....but I want to share a great recipe for a do-it-yourself all-natural cleaning solvent that I found in "Gorgeously Green".  Leave it to me to buy a green lifestyle book with a forward by Julia Roberts -- but this book suits my philosophy well -- we can't be perfectly green all the time, but small changes really can make a difference.  

After a visit to Sunflower Market (love!) to get all the ingredients (some I already had) -- I came home, mixed 'er up and cleaned the bejeezus out of my kitchen.  Good stuff! 

32 ounce spray bottle
2 cups water
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon pure castile soap (peppermint)
3/4 cup hydrogen peroxide
20 drops tea tree oil
20 drops lavender oil (or lemon grass)

Even though my greener friends may already be cleaning with all-natural products, I thought you guys would like to try this recipe.  It's great!

1 comment:

  1. Well Betsy, I have everything I need except the pure soap, the tea tree and lavender oil.If any one has extra maybe they can pass them along to me.I am all for it, mainly because of little ones around.

    ReplyDelete