Wednesday, December 23, 2009

EASY Knitting Project

Never judge a project half-way through.  This cute potholder almost got thrown out.  Now I kinda love it!
It started out looking like this:
I knitted straight rows -- easy -- for forty stiches across.  I knitted until it reached about 13 inches.  I knew the colors weren't ideal -- I didn't want to buy new yarn but was itching for a project.  So I pulled yarn from the reserves -- hence the ugly colors.  Then I felted it.  Since the yarn was a 80% wool/ 20% mohair blend, it is able to be felted.  That just means aggitating the yarn in very hot water.  It took about 3 cyclces to look like this:
This was the point where I called it the "World's Ugliest Knitted Potholder".  But with some streching and trimming, it turned out pretty darn cute.  Potholders aren't supposed to be color-coordinated to your kitchen, are they?



2 comments:

  1. i would love to make the time to learn to knit!
    thanks for stopping by my blog
    blessings to you megan
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable! The colors totally work in the finished product. Yeah... coming out of the wash it was a bit scary :-)

    ReplyDelete