Sunday, January 10, 2010

Butter Chicken

I buy this delicious sauce at Cost Plus World Market -- it's really popular and sometimes sold out. So if/when I find it, I buy a couple of jars for the pantry. This is an easy dinner that is quick to prepare.
I saute bite-sized pieces of chicken in about a tablespoon of oil. Once it is mostly cooked through, I remove it from the pan and add a bit more oil. I then cook a few cloves of garlic, about 1/2 of a big onion and 1-2 heads of broccoli. At the very end I add the chicken back in, add the sauce and simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes. I serve it over jasmine rice. YUM!




Dinner is on the stove. And even better than that is the fact that I've mastered the art of "clean as you go"! My kitchen is cleaned up, the dishwasher is running and I'm going to enjoy a delightful dinner for one. I have leftover sparkling cider from Thanksgiving that I'm going to crack open. BIG NIGHT at my house!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome - I'll have to look for that sauce (I bet it's not a huge seller in Spokane!!! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found it - and made it last weekend - YUM-O! Just like Chicken Tikka Masala from my fave Indian restaurant...GREAT FIND!

    ReplyDelete