Sunday, September 26, 2010

Leaf Huntin'


Today I went for an awesome drive, up through Evergreen to Echo Lake. The leaves are certainly at peak or very close to it -- because the views were amazing. The Aspens looked like they were on fire.

On the way home, we went through Pine, Colorado and ate at a very fine dining establishment called "The Bucksnort". It's the kind of dining establishment where people write things like this on the bathroom walls:
And the kind of place where Christmas cards like this get hung on the wall:
It's on a dirt road, if that tells you anything. I enjoyed a Coors Light in a keg cup on their balcony overlooking a stream and some shacks that reminded me of the movie "Overboard". Did I mention that the chairs on the deck were stumps?

There were a lot of bikers there -- and let me tell you -- there is opportunity for some major helmet messaging to that demographic. Not a single one of the bikers had a helmet on. :)


In other news, I'm picking flooring for my house. Any votes? From a looks perspective, I'm leaning towards the dark. But I'm a little worried about the dust and dirt showing up too much (the Swiffer and I would need to get to know each other a little more than I'd prefer).

1 comment:

  1. The beautiful Aspen (and even Bucksnort) photos make me miss Colorado even more!

    ReplyDelete